Get to know the author
Newton Hightower, the former director of the Baylor Department of Family Medicine, is Past-President of the Houston Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. He is a psychotherapist in private practice specializing in creating positive change for men with anger, depression, and relationship problems. He leads five men's groups that meet weekly.
Newton was a keynote speaker at the First National Conference on Alcohol and Drugs as Factors in Violence, which played on C-SPAN. He is a frequent speaker at national and regional professional organizations and has been interviewed on T.V. and radio.
In his own life, Newton has been fired, divorced and depressed. He has had a long history of rage problems which set him on many paths looking for solutions. He pounded pillows for years and meditated daily for over a decade. All to no avail. He presents here the path he found that worked for him after everything else had failed. It is his life mission to bring this message to other men who suffer from the same problem. During the last ten years he has been able to say with honesty what was always beyond his dreams: "I am happily married and my life is good!"
Contact Newton Hightower by e-mail.
Subscribe to Newton's monthly e-mail newsletter by visiting
Also, see his website, www.angerbusters.com, for more information.
Impeccable Professional Credentials:
- Director of the National Center for Anger Resolution, Inc.
- Past-President of The Houston Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Former Director of the Baylor Family Counseling Clinic
- Former Clinical Faculty Baylor College of Medicine
- Fellow of The American Group Psychotherapy Association
- Board Member Houston Group Psychotherapy Society (ten years)
- Board Member Cancer Counseling (five years)
- Counselor in private practice (twenty-five years)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Master Social Worker-Advanced Clinical Practitioner
- Advanced Addiction Counselor