James A. (Jim) Baker
Get to know the author
James A. (Jim) Baker is a longtime resident of Houston, Texas, where he has served the business world for many years as founder and chairman of Baker Communications. Baker Communications is one of America's leaders in the field of corporate training, serving the training needs of many of the nation's top companies, and being recognized for three consecutive years as an INC 500 company. Jim wrote and produced Real Estate: Mastering the Negotiation Process, a Nightingale Conant Corporation Audio Tape Series. He is also a Contributing Author to The Sales Training Handbook: A Guide to Developing Sales Performance, published by Prentice Hall and sponsored by the American Society for Training and Development. Jim is also a Certified Anger Resolution Therapist where he specializes in training other trainers in conflict resolution.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, Jim has been involved in the community over the years, assisting in projects and boards of directors such as:
* Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs - Board of Directors
* Greater Houston Partnership - Board of Directors
* Dupont Corporation Senior Consultant
* Governor's Business Council
* Founding Board Member - Houston Drug Free Business Initiative
* Member - Executive Committee of the Office for the Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (appointed by the Governor of Texas)
* Member - Statewide Media Task Force on Dropout Prevention (appointed by the Governor of Texas)
* Board of Directors - Corporation for Economic Development of Harris County, Inc.
* Board of Directors - Cenikor - Drug Rehabilitation Center
* Member - American Arbitration Association
* Board of Directors - Houston Symphony
* Lifetime Member - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
Jim received his B.S. from the University of Rochester, a 30-hour Certificate in Behavioral Science from Rochester Institute of Technology, his M.S. from the State University of New York, and attended the South Texas College of Law. Jim is a co-founder of the National Center for Dispute Settlement of the American Arbitration Association, a past instructor for the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University and an Adjunct Professor for the University of Houston. He remains an active sponsor, author, and senior management and sales consultant.
Please visit: www.AngerManagementSeminar.com or For more information, contact angerbuster@AngerManagementSeminar.com
Anger Management Training Institute, LLC (www.AngerManagementSeminar.com)
Anger Management Institute, LLC (www.Anger-Management-Classes.net)
Positive Parenting Institute, LLC (www.Online-Class-Parenting-Divorce.com)
Sexual Harassment Prevention Institute, LLC (www.SexualHarasssmentTraining.biz)